Tara Baptist Church is a 21st century church with a 1st century message.
At Tara Baptist Church, we strive to serve God with all our heart, mind, body, soul and spirit. We recognize as followers of God we are not called to be perfect; God calls us to be ever progressing in our walk with Him. To come to God is to come to Him on His terms and His way. To become a follower of God you must repent of your sin and follow Him. God takes your request to be a follower of His very seriously. He will not allow you to remain the same. We are created in His image, marred by sin, recreated in the image of Jesus the Christ. We can never out give nor out serve the living God who loved us so much that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
At Tara Baptist Church, we function and fellowship around God’s Word and work. We understand that God’s call on our fellowship is to be reflective in all we say and do. The process of transforming a person from lost to found, death to life is all about God. Our goal is to be vessels of honor as we are instruments in His plan.
What drives us to do our best?
1. To create a safe place for the unsafe Gospel of Jesus Christ. To be used of God to reach our “Fullest Redemptive Potential.” To create an atmosphere of worship that energizes His people that they go, make disciples, baptize and teach. To foster an atmosphere where spiritual growth and maturity in Christ becomes evident in the individuals life and in the life of Tara Baptist Church collectively. Matthew 28
2. We are ever searching for the most effective ways to reach the lost with the Gospel, educate though God’s Word, while ministering to one anotheras God directs. We agree with Dr. Bilezikian statement from his book Community 101 where he states, “the church must be
willing to search its conscience, to examine its beliefs and practices in the light of Scriptures, and to reform itself under the guidance of the Holy Spirit whenever necessary.”
3. We strive for excellence, holding the standard high to facilitate the communication of the Gospel. Perfection is not out goal, an all out effort is! We expect our members to give of their time, talents, tithe and resources. Ministry is facilitated through God’s people giving sacrificially of all they have. Acts 2
4. We strive to minister with integrity. Never compromising the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Never soft selling the message. We are accountable to God and each other, spiritually, physically, mentally and financially. Philippians 1:27; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
5. Together we can accomplish more for the Kingdom of God. God gifts individuals to complete His mission. Tara Baptist Church is a vehicle to facilitate individual ministries and giftedness to effectively bring the lost to God. Our goal is to create an atmosphere of team work and continuity, to orchestrate and minister in such a fashion that the fellowship as a whole edifies, grows and is reproductive. 1 Cor. 5:17
6. We welcome all walks of life to come into our services, to have a life changing encounter with God and to become part of our fellowship. Our ministry scope is to reflective of the Kingdom of God; inclusive, no matter color, race, lifestyle or creed. 2 Corinthians 5:17
We believe that if we do our job in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, preaching and proclaiming God’s Word, then God will change what needs to be changed. This happens as a person gives their life to God and repents of their sinful life style and follows Him. Fully committed to serving God, willingly sacrificing all they are to become all God created them to be. 2 Corinthians 5:17